The Event Info tab in Event Builder provides various options for configuring the Lightning Event. Setting options include Event Dates, Event Info Details, Contact/Attendee Settings, Optional Event Types, and Additional Information. These are separated into different sections you can open and close at will using the arrow icons for each section.
Set Up Event Info
The Event Name, Event Display Name, and Event Category fields will be automatically filled based on what you entered during Event Creation.
Optional: Check the 24-hour Time checkbox to use military time.
- In the Start Date and Start Time picklists, select the Start Date and Start Time of the event.
- In the End Date and End Time picklists, select the End Date and End Time of the event.
- In the Time Zone picklist, select the Time Zone your event will be in.
Once you’ve set the Start and End Date and Time fields, the duration of your Event will displays under Duration.
Event Info Details
Check Enable Event Display Name and Date/Time to display the event name and date/time over the event banner. If unchecked, these items will not display.
Check Featured Event to display the event in the Featured Event Carousel on the Event Listings page.
Optional: Enter your event's location and the date it will occur in the Location and Date Text field. This will display in the upper-right side of the nav-bar on your event, overriding the City, State, Date, and Time.
In the Event Overview text box, enter the desired Event Overview text and customize the way it will display to event registrants using the formatting options available.
In the Description text box, enter the desired Description of the event. This will display in the Event Search List View.
The Ticket Capacity field will display your current ticket capacity as defined in Manage Inventory.
Optional: Check the Auto Sell Out and/or Sold Out checkboxes.
When Auto Sell Out is checked the system will automatically check the Sold Out field when the number of registered attendees have reached to event capacity. If you choose not to use the Auto Sell Out feature a staff user will need to manually check the Sold Out checkbox when they want the Event to be marked as Sold Out.
In the Registration Timer field, enter a number value (in minutes), which sets a specific amount of time for an attendee to complete their registration.
If the attendee doesn’t purchase their ticket in the allotted time the ticket becomes available for someone else to purchase.
- The When and Where Summary is a field for text that will display on the checkout and confirmation pages. When the event is marked Active, this field will prepopulate with the event date and primary venue information (the when and where of the event). You can also supply your own text here.
- Enter an event summary to display on the checkout and confirmation pages in the Where and When text field. When the event is marked Active, this field will automatically populate with the event dates and primary venue information.
Next, configure the desired contact matching settings using the fields displayed (Enable Contact Search, Search All Contacts, Enable Contact Restriction, Create Contacts for Attendees, and the Contact SearchResultsFields CVS).
- Disable Attendee Assignment disables registering user from entering Attendee names when registering. All Attendee records will have the name of the registering user.
- Enable Contact Search allows the attendee to search for contacts.
- Enable Contact Restriction prevents a contact from having more than one attendee record for the event. This means that there will be one ticket per contact.
- Guest Email Optional allows Attendees to be registered without an email address. This is disabled when Create Contacts for Attendees is checked.
- Search All Contacts allows the attendee to search all contacts without limits.
Create Contacts for Attendees allows the registering attendee to create a new contact for an additional attendee.
It is recommended to have Create Contacts for Attendees checked when utilizing Enable Contact Restriction.
When Create Contacts for Attendees and Enable Contact Restriction are checked, forms in Event Registration for Ticket Types and Schedule Items will map to Contacts if they have been configured to do so.
In the Contact Search Result Fields CSV, enter the fields to be displayed when the primary registrant searches for Contacts on the Select Attendee screen.
Optional Event Types
Check Private Event to designate the event as Private. You will need to generate invitations from the Invitations tab. Only invited attendees will have access to the event on the Event Listing page.
Checking Private Event will disable Assigned Seating, and vice versa.
Check Free Event to designate the event as free. Users will not pay for the event. The system will ignore any prices that have been applied to the event.
No Sales Order will be created for Free Events, and no Package Items or Schedule Items with prices will be permitted. The Additional Items and Accounting options in the Tickets and Sessions tabs will also be unavailable in the Event Builder since they are no longer necessary for a Free Event.
Check Enable Assigned Seating to enable assigned seating for the event. For more information on configuring assigned seating, read Assigned Seating.
If you would like a designate a custom destination users will navigate to from the Register Now or Accept button, enter that URL in the Register Now/Accept Override URL field. When using this field, make sure to use the absolute URL, including the Protocol (i.e. http:// or https://).
- Select a category from the Event Category picklist if desired. The category defined in Event Creation will be selected by default.
In the Calendar Reminder Text text box, type the desired Calendar Reminder Text to display on the attendee's Calendar item when using the Add to Calendar button.
The Add to Calendar button displays on the event's Site in the Portal. When clicked, the customer sees this text as the body of the calendar item. By default, the Event Name, Start Time, End Time, and Venue information are included.
In order for the Add to Calendar button to appear, the Event Name, Start Time, End Time, and Venue address must be present.
Community Groups refers to Groups in VisualForce communities and tabs, not Chatter Groups set in the Lightning Community.
- In the Attach Event to Community Group field, search & select the Community Group if you'd like the event to display in a specified community group in the portal. The event will display on the group detail page for that community.
If your organization has created any custom fields, they will display here. Follow your organization's directions for filling out these fields.