- Creating the form record and configuring the form settings
- Configuring the fields that display on the form.
Create a Form
- Navigate to the Forms tab.
- Click the New button. The New Form window will open.
- In the Information section, enter a name in the Form Name field.
- Enter any desired instructions for the user in the User Instructions field.
- In the Display Style picklist, select the desired style.
- If using Lightning Experience, select Standard.
- If using Salesforce Classic, select any available style.
- In Submit Style, select the type of action to occur on form submission.
- None. (Default) A blank form is returned.
- URL. Users are directed to a specific web site.
In Submit Value, enter the script to run or the URL to open on form submission. This value is dependent on the Submit Style selected in the previous step.
- Optionally, in the Internal Description section, enter a description for Staff Users in the Description text box.
- Click Save.
Configure Form in Form Builder
The Form Builder enhances and simplifies Form creation for staff users. It consists of Field Groups and Fields. Field Groups are used to create sections or headings in a Form where fields are added. Fields are used to create the data that will be collected in the Form. Please see the Form Field Types page for more information on the types of fields that can be used in Forms.
- From the Form record, click the Form Builder action. This will open the Form Builder page.
- Click the New Field Group button. The New Field Group window will open.
Enter a name for the Form's section heading in the Field Group Name field.
If the Field Group Name is left blank, the system will automatically insert the Field Group ID number as the name.
- In the Instructions field, enter any desired Instructions for the Field Group.
- Optionally, see the Creating a Form with Enhanced Data Bindings page for information on the other fields in the New Field Group modal.
- Click Save.
- After configuring the Field Group, click the New Field button. This will open the New Field window where you can configure our first question in our Form.
In the New Field modal, in the Type picklist, select an option from the list.
The system will validate field contents prior to submission. For example, when the Type is set to Email, a validation error will occur if the entered form response is not in the format of a valid email.
- The Type restricts the options available for linking to fields of the related object.
- If the Type is a single or multi-select picklist and is not linked to a field on the related object, enter the available Options.
- If the Type is a single or multi-select picklist and is mapped to a field on the related object, then Options will auto-populate. Next, select the Database Operation on the field and click the Save button.
- Check Is Required if the field is a required field. Leave unchecked if it is optional.
In the Field Label field, enter text for the field. For example, if the Type is set to Email, the Field Label could be simply "Email" or a question "What is your email address?"
The Field Label displays as the question or statement that attendees are asked to evaluate. Please see the Form Field Types page for more information on the types of fields that can be used in Forms.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the steps to add in the desired Field types or Field Groups.
- When finished adding the desired Field Groups and Fields, click Preview in the top right corner to preview the Form as it would look in the Community Portal.
- To edit a Field or Field Group, click the pencil icon next to the Field Group or Field.
- To reorder Field Groups or Fields, click the Field or Field Group, and drag & drop to reorder.
- When the Form is complete, click Exit. You'll return to the Form record. The Form is now ready to be added to any item.