A field set is a grouping of fields. Staff users can create new field sets displaying any fields on a given Object, for example a user's Name, Email, Role, and Job Title. When a field set is added to a Visualforce page, developers can loop over its fields and render them. New field sets can customize the display of information on pages in the Community Portal, such as the Profile page and the Checkout page, as well as pages within Community Groups and Events.
Create a New Field Set for an Object
- Navigate to Setup.
- Open the Object Manager.
- Locate and select your desired Object in the Object Manager using the Quick Find search bar. The Object's Management Settings will open.
- Select Field Sets from the sidebar. Any available Field Sets will display here.
- Click New. The New Field Set page will open.
- Enter a label in the Field Set Label field. Press Tab on the keyboard to auto-populate the Field Set Name field.
- In the Where is this used? text box, enter a brief description of where and how the new field set is used.
- Click the Save button to create the new field set.
Add New Field Set to Object
After you save the new field set, a page layout edit page will open. Here, you can add any desired fields to your new field set.
- Drag-and-drop the fields to be listed in the field set in the order you want them to appear.
- Click the Save button.
- The new field set will be created for the selected object.