The 2019-R1 release is all about enhancement. The Product Team has focused on providing game-changing improvements to the Lightning Community, Finances, and Events.
Manage Company Information
The Profile page on the Lightning Community Site includes two new menu items aimed at company administrators:
- Company Info
- Account Subscriptions
Company Info displays Account information and is databound to the Account record. Staff users can configure the fields displayed on this page and use Access Permissions to control who has access to it.
Account Subscriptions displays all subscriptions that were purchased with the Account as the purchasing entity. Again, staff users can configure Access Permissions to control who can renew subscriptions on the company's behalf.
Base functionality provides the ability for staff users to assign an Account as the purchasing entity for a new subscription on the backend. This capability does not extend to portal users at this time.
Lightning Forms and Dependent Picklists
Standard style forms can now be displayed in the Lightning Community as Lightning Forms. Users can fill these forms out directly from the Lightning Community. Accordion and Wizard style forms are not supported at this time. Staff users will need to configure a Forms Lightning Page with the new Forms Lightning Component in the Community Builder. This component gathers information directly into your Salesforce instance. You can also use the Community Builder to apply your company's branding to this page.
Salesforce Dependent Picklist fields have been enabled for Lightning Forms. This field type includes a Controlling and a Dependent picklist. The values of the Dependent picklist depend on the values selected in the Controlling picklist.
If State and Country Picklists are enabled, staff users can utilize these picklists as Dependent picklists on their Lightning Form. Dependent Picklists are supported on the Profile page and the Forms Lightning Page.
Configurable Financial Documents
Financial Documents are now available as printable PDFs staff users can customize in the Community Builder for the following:
- Sales Orders
- Credit Notes (new)
- Order Summary (new)
Staff users can use custom Lightning Components in the Builder to arrange the layout for the Financial Documents to conform to your company's unique business case. These components include:
- Header: Provides a header with a space for your company’s logo, the date, and the title of the document.
- Table: Configurable table displaying the lines of the order (Invoice, Shipping, Tax, Credit Note, Receipt).
- Company Information: Provides the company’s information.
- Customer Information: Provides the customer’s information.
- Order Summary: Summarizes the order.
- Memo: Provides a space to include any additional information.
- Rich text component to provide a footer or payment instructions.
Staff users can add any fields they require to these components to further customize their Financial Documents. They can also create their own components and apply your company's style to align with the documents you send out on a regular basis.
Order Summaries: My Orders, Order Summary Builder
The new My Orders menu item is available from the Profile page in the Lightning Community. It allows community members to easily navigate orders, create Order Summaries, download Financial Documents as PDFs, quickly view and pay orders, and copy and send a link to make payments directly to your environment. They can also now directly pay proforma invoices as well as pay both proforma invoices and regular invoices at the same time.
A Company Orders menu item is also available to cover orders, invoices, and proforma invoices where the Account is the purchasing entity. Staff users can use Access Permissions to control who has permission to access this menu item.
In the Salesforce org, staff users can access these features for Contacts and Accounts in the Order Summary Builder.
Users can sort through and view their orders (Sales Orders, Invoices, Proforma Invoices) in the table. From this table, they have options to download PDFs, pay orders, and view order details.
Quick Pay Components:
Quick Pay components provide a high-level view at balances due and provide an option to quickly pay them.
- Past Due: Displays the total past due balance from the combined orders in the table.
- Upcoming Order: Displays the order or invoice number of the latest upcoming order and its balance due.
- Open Orders: Displays the total balance due for all open orders.
Order View Drawer:
The Order View Drawer is where users can generate a summary of their orders and their related Financial Documents. They can view PDF previews of the Financial Documents in the Order Summary and generate a link to send to appropriate financial administrators to make payments directly to your environment.
Order View Page:
The Order View page allows individuals to print Financial Documents and can be configured to allow payments to both orders and invoices. Users already in the Lightning Community utilizing Fonteva's Bolt Solution will need to create an Order View Lightning Page in the Community Builder.
Staff users can now issue Credit Notes, a new negative adjustment that can be made to specific invoices. A Credit Note document is created whenever a negative adjustment is made. This fulfills requirements from some countries for how adjustments on invoices are displayed.
Single Ticket Events
Event Registration has been simplified for events with only a single Ticket Type. The Registration Page now displays directly in the Event Registration Component on the Event Overview page instead of guests needing to navigate to the Ticket Type page. This removes an unnecessary step for events with only one Ticket Type to choose from and speeds up registration.
Staff users can now designate an event as Free in the Event Builder. This automatically disables pricing for Ticket Types and Sessions and greatly simplifies Event Registration Flow for Free Events. Registering Guests will skip the checkout page entirely as it is redundant for a Free Event and go straight to the Registration Successful page. Free Events also generate no Sales Orders since no money is exchanged, so the amount of data in your environment is significantly reduced.
A number of enhancements and improvements have been applied to events with invitations to make registration consistent across all events. Staff users can now use Campaigns and Contact Reports from Salesforce to generate invitations. Events can be designated as public or private, and staff users can send invites to both.
Event Registration has been streamlined by allowing Ticket Types to be assigned to attendees and their guests, enabling invitees to quickly register.
Lightning Event Flow Enhancements
A number of improvements have been applied to Event Registration flow to make it easier and less complex. These include:
- A new Quantity label next to the ticket selector on the Ticket Selection page to enable users to select multiple Ticket Types to add to the order at once.
- Multiple Ticket Types can be displayed in the Attendee modal so the attendee can enter information about their guests all at once.
- The Attendee modal has been simplified by removing the option to add new attendees in the modal to streamline registration.
- The Progress Bar has become more intuitive during Event Registration Flow to allow registering users to easier navigate through registration.
- If the organization does not use Fonteva Preferred Email fields, Lightning Events will use the standard email field.
- Tickets, Sessions, and Recommended Items will now display the Tax Inclusive Price when enabled.
- The Discount Code field will no longer be available on the checkout page if there is no cost to the order.
- Summary information is now available on the checkout and confirmation pages to display When and Where the event is taking place.
- The Add to Calendar component has been updated to support HTML.