A Chart of Accounts consists of General Ledger (GL) Accounts. Assign GL Accounts to Items so Journal entries can be automatically created in the system for various transactions. The Chart of Accounts is often set up during the initial implementation, but organizations can create new GL Accounts as business needs arise. Look at your org system and match all GL Accounts to current accounting software.
How to Add a Chart of Accounts
- From the Business Groups tab, select a Business Group record. The selected Buisness Group record will open with the Details displaying by default.
- Click Related and locate the Chart of Accounts related list.
- Click the New button. The New GL Account window will open.
- Enter the GL Account name in the Description field.
- Enter any optional field values as needed.
- Click Save to create the GL Account. It is viewable in the Chart of Accounts related list present on the Business Group record.